Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ: CAN I JOIN 100+ MEN WHO CARE QUINTE WITH A GROUP OF FRIENDS AS A TEAM?
- At this time, we are not accepting team memberships, individual memberships only.
FAQ: WHICH ORGANIZATION(S) ARE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION?
- In order to be considered at a meeting, an organization must be based in and serve the Quinte region and it must be a registered, not-for-profit or charitable organization able to provide tax receipts for donations. We are not considering nominations to national or international charities, programs, or organizations at this time, as the current focus is on contributing to our local community. It must also be previously established (no start-ups).
FAQ: HOW OFTEN CAN AN ORGANIZATION BE NOMINATED ?
FAQ: HOW IS THE ORGANIZATION THAT RECEIVES THE GROUP DONATION CHOSEN AT EACH MEETING?
- Members are asked to nominate a local charity via our web page, at least one week before each meeting. All approved and legitimate charity nominations will be eligible for the draw box on the night of the meeting. At random, three organizations will be selected at the meeting. The nominating member will be asked to give a short, three minute presentation to the group as to why the organization they are nominating should receive the donation. Members can ask other members to present their charity on his behalf. Guests are not permitted to present.
FAQ: ARE MY $100 DONATIONS TAX DEDUCTIBLE?
FAQ: WHAT IF I AM UNABLE TO ATTEND A MEETING?
- If a member cannot attend a meeting, he can send in a blank, signed cheque with a trusted friend or another member to the meeting (preferred). The surrogate member will then write in the name of the charity that is chosen on the cheque and submit it on his behalf. A friend acting as a surrogate member may not vote on behalf of the absent member. Otherwise, he can deliver his cheque in person or courier it, before the meeting, to either
- Ian Press
- Eric Fetterely, Eastside Secondary School
- Colin McLean
- Tony McGarvey, Hawkins Cheezies
- Ken Manderville, International Man of Leisure
FAQ: CAN I JUST SEND MY DONATION TO THE CHARITY MYSELF?
- Because the goal of 100+ Men Who Care Quinte is to make a large donation on behalf of the whole group, the answer is no. We want to be able to support this endeavor and give $10,000 at one time to make a large impact in our community - with each member's donation being part of the larger donation. This is the power of individuals united for a cause! We also need to be able to track your donation so that you get credit for the donation and remain an active, voting-eligible member of the group.
FAQ: HOW MUCH OF MY DONATION GOES TO THE ADMINISTRATIVE COSTS OF 100 MEN WHO CARE QUINTE?
- None of it! 100+ Men Who Care Quinte is organized and operated by an organizing committee of volunteers - The Main Men. Everything else, from our meeting space, to our advertising, has been given to us by generous donours in our community. 100% of the money raised at our meetings goes directly to the selected organization!
FAQ: HOW LONG DO THE MEETINGS LAST?
- Meetings are intended to be very short and will last no longer than 60 minutes; however, members are invited to socialize before and after each meeting.
FAQ: CAN MEMBERS BRING A FRIEND TO THE MEETING?
FAQ: WHY DO YOU NEED MEMBERS' PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We collect members' information (including name, phone number, address, and email address) strictly for the purpose of maintaining our membership list and assisting charitable organizations when creating individual tax receipts. 100+ Men Who Care Quinte will not sell, give, or otherwise share your personal information without your express consent, unless required by law.
FAQ: HOW DO I JOIN?
- CLICK HERE!